I was recently asked to lead a prayer and scripture reading at our town’s annual prayer breakfast. It was from Rick Warren, and a great devotion to use for any age group. It is about trusting God one day at a time. In a world, where we want instant gratification or results right away, this is a strong message that spoke to me and hopefully to you.
“Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done…Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” (Phillipians 4:6,8, NLT)
- Worry about nothing. God keep his promises, and you can trust that he will take care of you.
- Pray about everything. Prayer can change things. Never think that it is too small or too big. Give it to him.
- Thank God in all things. I am guilty of always praying when things go bad, we need to pray when things go good as well. Keep the conversation going.
- Think about the right things. The world may be crazy, you may feel that something is just impossible, but stay positive, stay focused, and keep your mind on what is pure and lovely.
Some great questions to ask are…
- Where do your thoughts turn most often?
- In what situation do you need to thank God today?
- How can you challenge yourself in your prayer life?
I will share this devotion in the Resource Zone! Have a great weekend!