Feel The Love! No, it’s not Valentine’s Day yet, but planning ahead is not always something we do well in youth programs. Days fly by, and before you know it, you often scramble to do something! It is usually the same thing because it is easy and fast! In our youth programs, we are already starting to plan our 2nd Annual Feel The Love Week! Saying thank you and showing appreciation is something that can get lost. Why not devote a whole week to showing appreciation and love to EVERYONE you come in contact with! Custodians, Teachers, Principals, Parents, Staff, Community Partners, and of course the kids. This year it will fall on the week of February 13th-17th. Here are some fun ideas you can do…
- Hand written thank you cards to all of your staff with a small box of chocolates.
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner out with your Site Coordinators or key staff member(s) that help you plan the program behind the scenes.
- Hot Chocolate/Coffee at Rides In (Morning Program Drop Off for Parents/Teachers)
- Work with school, and see if you can push a snack cart through the school with Water, Drinks, and Snacks to deliver to classrooms.
- Doughnuts for Dads (Invite Dad’s In!)
- Muffins for Moms (Invite Mom’s In!)
- Granola for Grandparents (Invite Grandparents In!)
- Kids pick all the activities for the week. They are in charge.
- Kids write thank you cards to janitors and school administration.
- Flower for all the parents.
- Theme gifts for staff. Find out their favorite candy or snack.
- YMCA or your company/church logo swag. Coffee cup, T-Shirt, Hat, Water Bottle, etc..
- Pie In The Face Drawing each day for the kids. Invite the principal to pie in the face a staff member.
- Contract with a car detailer, and have all of your staff car’s cleaned during work.
These are a few ideas to help if you would like to replicate in a few weeks. Be genuine and sincere. Everyone deserves to be appreciated! FEEL THE LOVE!