Every Summer, a new group of staff come though with new expectations and needs! How are you meeting them where they are? Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good old fashioned notebook with handouts. So don’t get confused, still power in having something printed in a notebook. Staff and people love their phones, so if there is an app that is basically like a mobile notebook, and can help communication, sign me up!
Basecamp.com is an awesome website/app that Jonathan Daniel a colleague of mine shared with me a few weeks ago. The benefits of this program are the following from my seat…
1. Efficient/Communication- Too many emails, or comments that say “I didn’t get that. It may have went to my junk mail.” No way with this system. Everything is shared with who you want, and you can access anywhere, as long as you have phone or computer. No more forwards or over emailing.
2. Idea Sharing – You can share ideas easily. One camp shouldn’t be the best, we all can learn from each other.
3. Staff Training App – You can use this as your main way to remind them of upcoming trainings/times/dates, events, themes, and deadlines. Staff love their phone, put it to good use.
4. Accountability – You can add who you want to the specific project and then everyone in that project can help give feedback and stay aware of deadlines. If you supervise multiple camps, you can get a good feel for what is going on besides asking questions or waiting for it.
5. Everyone! – Inclusive to your whole team. Each staff member is important and has opportunity to share an idea across the whole app. Awesome devotion idea, share it, steal it, use it.
This app/website can be used for anything, not just Summer Camp. It is free to do a 30 day trial, and you can pay for a year or just sign up for as long as you want. It is $99 a month.
Good luck to everyone planning out there!
“A goal without a plan, is just a wish.”