Hey Folks! With the transition of Summer to After School/Evening Youth Programs, I have a brand new presentation added to help you with this. Dave Bell an old colleague shared a presentation at Campfire Conference one year called “90’s Movies Impact Leadership”. I channeled his wisdom, and created my presentation with music. I presented this at a YMCA conference this morning. Feel free to share and steal, this is located in the Resource Zone under Staff Trainings. Some highlights are below…
- Destiny’s Child: Say My Name – The importance of knowing who your staff are is key! Name, favorites, birthday, what they are currently involved in at school or outside of school. Staff Image Make them feel important. Staff shirts and nametags are ready for your staff.
- NSYNC: It’s Gonna Be Me – Who is doing what? Delegating to staff is critical as soon as the employee starts.
- Vertical Horizon: Everything You Want – Just because it is After School, doesn’t mean you can’t do staff theme days, contests, or fun outings outside of work.
- Jagged Edge: Let’s Get Married – When staff start at your program, clear expectations and goals need to be set, and communicated.
- Britney Spears: Oops I did it again – Sometimes going through a tough situation make you and your staff stronger. If you don’t give them an opportunity to try, they will always wait for you to save the day.
- Mariah Carey: We Belong Together – Congratulations Letter. Personally sign the letter and let them know how excited you are for them to join your team.
- Usher: Burn – Mentor – All new staff, find time each week to walk staff to their car. Open ended questions such as “How do you feel this week went?”. “What do you feel most confident in” “What is an area you need growth and challenge in” Give them feedback too, positive and a challenge if they struggle.